How can i enjoy my son 1st birthday the most?

sarastar1

Asked by sarastar1 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uh, simply by being there and experiencing it with him. seeing his joy and the smile on his face was the way I enjoyed my sons. Also he started walking the day of his birthday party, it was like he was waiting just to show off in front of everyone.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Spend the day doing all his favorite stuff.so for me it was Mommy and me swim, Mommy Baby and Daddy play in the tunnels and go down the slides and have a blast--- we went home ate together then family came over and we had cake...

oops cant forget the bounce house
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• dont have a blowout party. the baby gets overwhelmed and you get no time to enjoy it. small family gathering would be my do-over party and then something special with mom dad and babe.
    NdJc0407

Answer by NdJc0407 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Keep it low-key. If you have a love for baking & decorating, make the cake yourself a couple days ahead of time so you get the cake you want. If the thought of that stresses you, find a baker who will do what you want and has a good portfolio. Those were the big things for me - we had lunch with the grandparents & invited the aunts/uncles/cousins for cake & ice cream after. No major decorating, just good cake.
    Anonymous

• Definitely keep it simple. Enjoy the little moments like watching grandpa holding him or grandma playing patty cake, take lots of pictures, and just enjoy the day. If you feel the need to provide lunch, do something easy like sloppy joes or order a sub. The more relaxed you are about it, the happier your baby is going to be - they pick up on those things. HAVE FUN!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2009