Bloody Show, labor soon??

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and on saturday I had a lot of blood mixed with clear mucus. I was told this is called the "bloody show" and is not the same thing as losing the mucus plug, as I lost that 2 weeks ago. I have been contracting a lot for over a week. My OB said 2 weeks ago I was 50% thin. Do any moms remember seeing the "show" and if so how long after did you go into labor? And is the first true labor contractions painful? I've had some really strong contractions but no pain? This is my first and I have tons of questions!!

DBoswell

Asked by DBoswell at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't remember ever losing my plug or having a show. I just had my water break and boom babies! You could have the baby anytime now or up until you are 40 weeks all depends on you. I walked a lot! That helped me.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I don't remember losing mine with my son but i did with my daughter. I woke up at 5am to go to the bathroom and when i wiped there it was, but nothing else so i went back to bed. At 7am i woke up to very strong contractions that were just painful enough that i couldn't go back to sleep. At 1pm i called my mom because they were 3 minutes apart and very painful, then i had her at 6:54pm. I agree with the previous post though it could be hours, days or weeks before you go into full labor. GL and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It was liek 2 months before my water broke after the bloody show... my pregnancy sucked though I was in labor for about a month, and don't tell me it isn't possible because it is!
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• The only show I have seen (mine & others') was in active labor. If it really is bloody show then you're likely to be pretty close. It might be from getting checked or intercourse, though.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009