question on asthma

my hubby is afraid that my 3 yr old has asthma because of her pneumonia. i have asthma. is it likely that she might have asthma?

mommaburns

Asked by mommaburns at 10:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son just turned 3 last month-and for the longest time the dr. didnt want to diagnois him with asthma since he was so young,but finally after one problem after another-and countless ER trips they ended up sending him to a specialtist and as I pretty much figured he had asthma (I suffered with it from a very young age too-so I pretty much could tell)...Anyways after being diagnoised with it-and being put on Singular tablets,and Pulmicort & Albuterol nebulizer treatments we can pretty much keep his problems under control-he still has attacks but nowhere near as often as he was before.He's been on his medication about a year and a half now,and overrall I can see a BIG change.Before his medication he was constantly getting ear infections,bronchitis,pneumonia and just being sick,but now its alot less often.Asthma can be a very scary thing especially when it goes untreated.I would talk to her dr. about your concerns! Good Luck!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• The only way to really know is to take her to see her Dr. Our son was diagnosed at 3 and now we keep it under control. His doesn't come on when he's been running too much, only when he gets sick, then it automatically goes to his lungs. He uses a nebulizer but it's only a couple times/yr. If she does have asthma it would help give her an easier time if she could have a breathing treatment. GL, Hope she's better soon!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It's possible. The fact that you have asthma doesn't necessarily mean she will too. All you can do is keep track and check with the Dr.
    Anonymous