Stubborn grandmother does not listen to reason (and instigates trouble).

My mother a grandmother has been banned from speaking to her granddaughter (not mine). Reason why, she has directed her evasive questioning to her granddaughter by asking, "Are you being hit? Is your dad abusing you?" I tried to tell my mother that the granddaughters parents eavesdrop into the phone. As a response, my mother called my niece and asked her, "Your aunt said that your parents listens to your phone calls. Is this true?" I just hung my head low. Now she is no longer allowed to speak to her granddaughter (her parents screen the caller id).

I've seen the situation. If the situation warrants child-protective, I would have called. And my niece know that I am always open to her, if she needs help.

How can I get my mother to use a little bit of foresight and reasonable thinking before she inadvertently instigates trouble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• if this is truely your mom... and there is no issue at the girls house... all I have to say is that some people never grow up no matter how old they get.
    Anonymous

• Is there a reason for er to question your neice? Has her father ever been abusive....either to her or your sister? If not......wow. Starting drama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think your sister (or whomever) is taking care of that. Just ask your mother what the hell she expected. Reassure her that you know what is going on and if anything was going on your niece would tell you and you would take care of it. Perhaps your mother needs to stop watching Jerry Springer and the like. Maybe she needs to get out of the house more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2009