Trouble breathing..

Does anyone here have asthma? I never have, but lately I've been having a REALLY hard time breathing. Sometimes I have to make myself yawn in order to get a good breath in- and it's been interfering with my life.

I do smoke- and to be honest, it helps!! I know it might sound like bull, but the menthol opens my throat up and it feels good. I'm really trying to quit too, but it's hard when it's the only thing helping me breathe.

I'm only 25 yrs old, so I shouldn't be having these problems. I can't sleep due to my breathing, cause I'll have these panic attacks where I can't get a good breath in- so I'll jump out of bed and make myself yawn big. It's weird. And I'm scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• If you are having trouble breathing, the cigarettes are not helping. If you do in fact have asthma, which no one here even an asthmatic could diagnose just based off trouble breathing, the smoke will not be helping you. If you are having trouble breathing by just sitting around and are asthmatic, the cigarettes are probably a trigger for you. You need to schedule an appointment with your doctor and they will run some tests, one being a breathing test, and they will determine what is wrong that way. Depending on what it is they will send you to a pulmonary specialist, who can help you with treatment.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I can promise you, the smoking IS NOT helping you even if it feels like it is. It's only making it worse.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Stop smoking...it'll help long term...really. In the meantime, try smoking a clove cigarette to every pack of regular cigarettes...it'll help clear out some of the tar. (The tar will go away on its own if you quit smoking...by far the better option).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I understand that you feel menthol helps. I felt that too when I smoked. But I do know it is bad for you. You need to seek out a pulmonologist to help you. YOU NEED HELP. Breathing is kind of important ya know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Try putting a little vicks under your nose.the menthol in that might help and its not bad for you.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yeah if menthol helps then you need to get it from other places then smoking. Vicks is a great idea
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Don't be stupid; stop smoking.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009