Baby acne???

my DD will be a month old in 3 days!!!
I have been noticing a rash-like on her face. I asked her doctor about it, and she said that it was fine, that it was just baby acne and it would be ok.
However, it was only a couple of bumps at the time of the consult.....now it looks more like a rash on her cheeks...
The only place it is at is on her cheeks, but it just looks like it is getting worse and idk if I should seek another opinion from a different doctor.....
It doesn't show up in pictures, but the best description I can give is that it almost looks like a little heat rash on her cheeks.....little raised bumps with some redness......doesn't seem to be bothering her (she is not crying excessively).....
idk....I suppose I could just be over-reacting. Yes, new Mom lol.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's possible it could be eczema .. Try putting a small amount of scent free lotion or vaseline on it and see if that helps. It Could also just be irritation from either drool or milk
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It is probably baby acne or even heat rash. Is she over heating regularly? (Too bundled at night...or swaddled in something that doesn't breath?) A LOT of babies get little red bumps on their cheeks...they have very sensitive skin. If it isn't bothering her, let it be. I would wipe her face with a soft cloth with water only fairly regularly to remove any sweat, oils from adult fingers, etc. that might be irritating it. If it doesn't go away on its own or is accompanied by any other symptoms, then yes, you probably want to bring it up again with your doctor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• thanks :) I will keep a very watchful eye on it :)
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• baby acne will go away within a few days to a few weeks...just keep the area clean and dry..there's nothing else you can do.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• When my granddaughter had acne at the same age and it wouldn't go away. In fact, it spread to her head, her neck, and ears. The pediatrician told me not to use any of the Johnson's baby products on her, to wash her with Dove instead. I bought the plainest Dove beauty bar there was to wash her with, even her hair, and washed her face with plain water after each feeding, and it cleared up within a month. I saw results within the first week!
    It is baby acne, but certain products just keep it active. Dove is pure and natural so it cleans without leaving a residue or harming sensitive skin.
    Take care!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009