why are black people still opressed? why are they racist?

Black people call white racist but they are more racist than anyone else. Can someone please explain to me why black people are like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• sense it everywhere i go, and its not going to go away anytime soon.  Sometimes, it's just like that. But you asked a question, and I can speak on that because I am AA.  i don't consider myself a racist.  But I know people who are, and I know why, and I can see why. So you should think about that, watch Roots, read some history books, you will begin to at least understand why some AA are like that.  And what's more manyy AA think you are still plotting and scheming to send us back to Africa- or do away with us.  Have you ever thought why AA women are the only ones contracting and dying from HIV and AIDS?  Hmm...  Is someone trying to kill us off?  Why are 70% of black men in jail? Is it a conspiracy to "get rid of our race completely"  What I can say is that Black people will never truly trust white people ever- and white people are probably aware and afraid of that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• White people get blamed for everything. But to answer your questions, it's all about perception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Wow that is a cerified grade A Generalization don't ya think?
    Yes some are like that but really aren't we being a tad simplisic ?
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 12:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Troll much?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• ummm no I really want to know though. its sad because the white people have to suffer because blacks are opressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Im not sure where you live,but i live in Indiana and its not like that here.sure some people are but you have that with all races.not ALL of them are like that
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It sounds like your comment is racists foreal. You are lumping ALL black people together for one, when not all black people feel this way. As an African -American woman. I sincerely am hurt by your comment. But I can understand why some AA people might feel what you call racists. Let me enlighten you: 1) our race is not respected,we are considered by some the worst people to be around,live around,uneducated, crack whores, baby-makers, and drug dealers. The media portrays all the negative, and most of us cannot keep our jobs,families together or otherwise. We have deep issues that have been inbedded in us since before you came along to ask why. It is evident in the way other racists have their traditions and cultures as well as languages. when well, we just don't. That has been stripped from us. We don't know our family tree-our history, or even native tongue.Our ancestors were beaten, sold,separated, lynch,raped
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• killed,and humiliated. What's more is that most slaves were forced to turn against their own for survival. We are racist against each other, hate ourselves for what the white men has done to us-then and even still to this day. It's going to take sometime to get over. I hope that answers your questions somewhat. You will probably NEVER get the answer you are searching after, because of the way things are still going on today. Some AA are never going to let that "slavery" thing go even when it didn't actually happen to them Personally. It's just we feel uncomfortable to know and are on guard against whites because your race was Capable of such things-even though it was not YOU. Seriously, if someone did those things to your immediate family- you would not be inviting them over for a cup of tea now would you? Of course not. Probably not even a relative of someone who did that directly to you. Look its not right, and I can
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Anon just answered my question. I am sorry you feel this way. I dont think badly of AA at all. I just always wondered why they dont seem to like whites. I never thought anything negative just AA didnt like whites. Id go into a neighborhood and I get nasty looks from the AA. and CS you need to get over yourself and your assumptions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• it is past your bed time lil girl
    ~~~~~
    Oh good one! Immature eh? I am sick of people like you who think they are a woman cause you throw the first insult! Why don't you add something intelligent to the question instead of some lame ass insult!
    ~~~~
    OP, to answer your question.
    why are black people still opressed? They aren't technically, see what is happening is a cycle. Poor woman has a child, child grows up with the system (PA, Public schools, etc) Mom is single trying to make ends meet.
    Child grows up seeing how their mother either
    A : struggled and wants to do better
    or
    B: living it easy and staying true to herself.

Child chooses A stays in school goes to college etc. no longer "oppressed"
    Child chooses B drops out of school gets pregnant and then returns to the cycle of PA single mom. Because the "ghetto life" is so glorified (ghetto fabulous) AA children no longer STRIVE to get out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2009