is this normal?

I got a urinary tract infection and was given some antibiotics for it. I finished the entire twice a day ten day regimen but the pain in my kidneys didn't leave completely. Finally I made time to go to the walk iin clinic and ws told the infection never completely left and was given a different type of antibiotics. I have been on these antibiotics for five days now. Is it normal to still have pain? It hasn't even gotten to be any less severe.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• I would call the doctor and ask them what is normal. They would be able to better direct you as to whether your new antibiotics are working. My mom had a similar situation and it turned out that the her body just like rejected the antibiotic, like I don't really know how to describe it other than rejected. She had to try a third kind, before it worked.

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Drink lots of water and cranberry juice (not cranberry juice cocktail...the actual juice). It'll help clear everything out. Kidney infections can be hard to get rid of...especially if you've developed a tolerance for the antibiotics.

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Oh and Pomgranate juice works just as well as cranberry :-) if you want to mix it up a little

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would be drink the cranberry juice mixed iwth water or even white cranberry juice to help flush it all out. Good Luck

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My question would be "Are the doctors sure it's a urinary tract infection".

If you're in pain, call the doctor back.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009