is this normal?

I got a urinary tract infection and was given some antibiotics for it. I finished the entire twice a day ten day regimen but the pain in my kidneys didn't leave completely. Finally I made time to go to the walk iin clinic and ws told the infection never completely left and was given a different type of antibiotics. I have been on these antibiotics for five days now. Is it normal to still have pain? It hasn't even gotten to be any less severe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• I would call the doctor and ask them what is normal. They would be able to better direct you as to whether your new antibiotics are working. My mom had a similar situation and it turned out that the her body just like rejected the antibiotic, like I don't really know how to describe it other than rejected. She had to try a third kind, before it worked.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Drink lots of water and cranberry juice (not cranberry juice cocktail...the actual juice). It'll help clear everything out. Kidney infections can be hard to get rid of...especially if you've developed a tolerance for the antibiotics.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Oh and Pomgranate juice works just as well as cranberry :-) if you want to mix it up a little
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would be drink the cranberry juice mixed iwth water or even white cranberry juice to help flush it all out. Good Luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My question would be "Are the doctors sure it's a urinary tract infection".

If you're in pain, call the doctor back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009