if it were bush who won the Nobel Peace Prize would it be ok?

I dont know much about the whole situation...but i do know that people are pissed...and i honestly believe that its because they simply dont like him! if it were bush i bet people would be ok with it or perhaps McCain (if he were elected)...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You hit the nail on the head, momma. Obama won the award, and people are pissy because THEY don't feel he deserves it. Just like THEY don't feel he should have been elected as president. Thank God THEY don't call the shots, and THEY will have to deal with the fact that Obama will be our president until 2012. So let THEM whine and moan and complain. Let the liken him to Hitler, call his a socialist, make racist jokes and innuendos. It only makes THEM look like idiots. Meanwhile, Obama and his family are handling themselves with dignity and grace.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Well I'm suprised Bush got a highschool diploma but that's another story. I think Obama is doing a great job to be honest so who better to get the award.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think obama is doing great with the hand he was dealt.Im glad hes my president.He was the best man for the job and i would vote for him again in a heartbeat
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Not if - like Obama - he had been nominated only two weeks after his inauguration! .... Or did they do the actual voting only two weeks after Obama's inauguration? ... I'm not clear on that ...

If they had awarded Obama on the basis of, say, his speeches in Cairo, or anything he actually DI"D, then it would be a different story.

Someone made a great comparison - "Why don't they award me an Oscar, even though I've never been in a movie. I MIGHT become an actor and turn in a great performance!"
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Nope nor Mccain esp if he was nominated after only ELEVEN days in office..This is no nail hit on the head...come on...the man got the prize for what HE MIGHT TRY TO DO! lol

its ridiculous as all hell and psst it isnt just conservatives who think its nuts so there goes that bs..common sense says its ridiculous..but then the NPP has been a joke of a prize for quite some time now ..and alot of folks know that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I sure as hell would be one pissed off broad if Bush won it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Its disturbing something as honorable as a peace prize can be dragged through the mud like this. I understand if you don't like the guy, but seriously.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• if bush had won it, it would've been for something he had done (whether you agree or not with what he did). people are 'pissed off' because BO hasn't done anything, at least at the point of nomination. let's revisit this in four more years, and then maybe its worth discussing.
    let's HOPE that CHANGE he promised comes through by then..wth! he's already won the NPP for it...the ball is in his court for sure!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Really...our arguments cant be valid because we dont like the mans POLITICS. Not the MAN his POLITICS> Not his RACE...his POLITICS. Not sure why THAT concept is so difficult for some of you to get. Now about the awards. I have yet to hear ONE of YOU who thinks this is SOOOO great say what he DID in eleven days to EARN this award. What he has accomplished in his entire life that equals more then what the other nominees actual DID! So far I have seen "well they had their reasons, get over it" and "you just hate him". The NPP organization is now nothing more then a group with an agenda and THATS why this "award" lacks any honor.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2009