Leaking, water broke or just increased discharge?

If you read my previous post then you know that I just busted out tile in my kitchen. Im 35 weeks pregnant and have been having Braxton Hicks all night since I stopped doing it. I have been sitting for like 10 min. and I just got up to go pee and my pants and underware are soaked! I did not feel a gush I just felt wet. It has a wierd odor I cant quite explain it. Did my water break or am I leaking? If not wtf is this!?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah it smells sweet, thats kinda what happened to me and i was in denial forever i had my water broke for 12 hours and finally went in and was dialated to 7 no pain just tiny cramps and thats how my whole labor was until i was dialated to 9 1/2 and they broke the last little tiny bag of water then i had him 15 min laters. i'd call them and ask =] i thought i peed myself at first too cuz i had to go to bathroom too but nope it was def. my water
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• put on a pad and see if it fills with water. I would actually use a panty liner because it is smaller and would fill more quickly.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Sounds like water broke~!
    I would call your doctor.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Does it smell like pee? And usually water breakage does not "gush" it trickles. Just be calm and let your body tell you whats going on. If you have a contraction with water leakage then go to the hospital it could be that your water broke.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• it dosnt smell like pee at all I cant describe it.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think you water broke!!!
    That happen to me. I was sitting on the couch, but I did feel a little gush...then when I stood up it came out like pee.. Then I knew it was my water because it kept coming out, then it even went down my leg and in my shoe...I soaked 3 thick towels before I got to the hospital.
    Stand up and cough - if it's your water it will gush out. Check your panties, if it clear with some white/mucous discharge and maybe a little blood. YOUR HAVING A BABY.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I know how you feel. I was so scared/excited... Just try to calm down. Relax, and call you Dr. or just go because they are gonna tell you to come in anyway to see if it's amniotic fluid or what.
    Good Luck.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I have a Dr appointment tomorrow morning so I will just see if I can wait it out till then lol

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If it's a small trickle then it's probably okay...
    Is it clear, have a color?
    Do you have a fever?
    Is your baby engaged, bu chance (and vertex)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I believe amniotic fluid smells sweet. A small amount is probably just a leak. Not a big deal, just take it REALLY easy. Unless it's a funny color, develops a nasty odor, or you get a fever, or any other signs of infection, waiting it out until your appointment tomorrow morning is ok. Unless you go into labor tonight. Which is entirely possible if it's your water.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2009