i just found out i have eczema and i really dont want to use steroids to make it go away... is there something else i can do?

its pretty mild. its on my hands and fingers.....

anyway, can i do something with my diet? or some good lotions?? or something?

i have tried many lotions, but ill try others. ive tried the homeopathic way and used tea tree oil and vicks rub and put gloves on... and it relieves it but didnt make it go away...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the doctor can give you a prescription for lotion for it with no steroids. Just tell your doctor that you do not want any steroid based medicine and he will respect your wishes and give you something else.

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Get some cocca butter balm with vitamin E. It helped my daughters Eczema tremenously.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• luvmygrlz i thought that would work too, but it didnt :/ lol thank you though!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I too have it and what i have found is about 50% of the time, I can control it and get it to go away without the steroid stuff. What I found was good quality lotion a couple times a day once I have it under control goes a long way to keeping it gone. I also found emu oil as soon as it starts can stop it fairly well. Like I said, I still have to use the steroid cream occasionally, but usually only for a few days when it starts to get bad.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Well I also gave my daughter oatmeal baths. You could try that. I would put the oatmeal in a knee high stocking and let her soak in it for a few minutes (she was a baby then) it helped also.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• aurora, does it ever just go away? or is it always going to be there??
    where is yours? and what kind of lotion do you have?
    what do you do differently throughout your day? ( mine is on my hands so im sure ill have to change cleaning, my hand washing, pretty much everything since i use my hands non stop.)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i to have this an its very annoying... i try to use the saint ives lotion the medicated an intese healing kinda, goodness i forgot the name but its the intense healing kind! it burns the first couple times using it but usually a week later it starts to get better. good luck :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It might go away and it might not. Use Noxema as a lotion. Instead of wiping the regular, original, white kind off like you would for a wash, rub it in like a lotion. I DO NOT use the steroidal creams, the Noxema at night is amazing. During the day I use a mix of lotions lotions, basically whatever is near me...sometimes it's Cocoa Butter and sometimes it's Eucerin (generally I only have this when I get inked)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Try an warm bath with oatmeal and no soap. Soak in the water. and you can always pray to ask GOd to take away this infliction upon your body. My daughter was diagnosed with eczema. her father has the bruises from it all over his legs and will never wear shorts. I definatley didn't want that for my little girl. I prayed and asked God please don't let her father's illness conflict her like this. Her eczema went away and there are not any scars on her. It comes back every now in winter- but its mild.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Excema is a result of your body flushing out toxins from toxin build-up. If you switch to natural foods and reduce the toxins in your environment (deodorant, laundry detergent, etc) the excema will improve. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009