Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help me!!!!

i am sixteen and i am pregnant. my dad flipped out and kicked me out. if i go to welfare and tell them that i have nowhere to go would they still be able to help me even though im under 18?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (19)
  • Yes. Go to your human resources office and they can help you.

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • im pretty sure they can help you. call the local office to find out an if they do apply for everything you can :) you can get medical for sure they always cover pregnant women but be prepared for a long wait to get the card! im sitting waiting still an i applied about 2 months ago, they can help you get a dr an everything, good luck!! :)

    Answer by akalei at 12:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • but will it get my dad in trouble?? because i don't want that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Go to your school counsellor first to help you remain in school and they will help you with other contacts.

    Answer by lfl at 12:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • i dont think it will get your dad int trouble if you dont feel comfy then try talking to your dad to see if he is willing to help you, he is going to have to accept the fact that you are having a little one even if you are young as well. try an get his support if you can. it will be hard in the beginning but it will all get better! just stay positive

    Answer by akalei at 12:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • I don't know for sure if your dad will get in trouble but civil law prohibits kicking anyone out (even your own children) without some sort of notice first. And you being a minor isn't good either.

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. In addition to calling your welfare office, I would go to your school counselor if you're in school. They should be able to help you find resources for pregnant teens. There are lots of programs available. Please try to finish school. My parents were 17 when I was born. You can do this. Build a support system for yourself, and hopefully, your dad will cool down, and be there for you.

    Good luck, my youngest son is 17, and if you need a "virtual" mom for support, please feel free to message me.

    Answer by ohwrite at 12:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • I agree with akalei. Try to talk with your dad maybe he just overreacted.

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • Please look at these links here  and here.

    They're links to teens in crisis info and phone numbers - they can help you to find a safe place to be and what you can do now, they can answer any questions you have about supporting yourself and your baby, where you can live, etc.  PLEASE contact them!

    I'm sorry your Dad flipped out!  I have 2 teens of my own (15 dd and 16 ds), and while I would NOT be happy to hear one of them was having a baby for a lot of different reasons, I can't imagine kicking them out.  Please, look at those sites!



    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

  • I know that they will find you a place to stay and may even get you an apartment and pay for it. And you know what, if your dad is that cruel to kick you out so what if he gets in trouble. This is about you and the baby not him. So he needs to think of you and the baby or deal with the consequences. Do you have any family that could help you?

    Answer by Marah2008 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.