Are you on the low-estrogen birth control pill? If so what do I need to know?

I just stated mine tonight as day 1, so what do I need to know? Any side-effects? I know that it's good for nursing Mothers. But I also considered the I.U.D but it seems risky, although all of them can be risky in some kind of way!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So you had a baby recently? I was on low estrogen BC after I had my son and I got pregnant again on it. I was getting my period 2 times a month which I guess is a sign that the birth control isn't strong enough. So if this happens to you my advice would be to go in for something stronger. You are the most fertile after you have a baby. Now that I've gotten used to the idea I'm very excited about baby #2 but they are gonna be 13 moths apart. A little closer than I had planned. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• A friend of mine had mirena and they inserted it a little wrong and she wound up having to have a full hysterectomy as a result. I would be scared to have one of those too.

jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I am on a low dose.
    I am scared of getting pregnant LOL. ( My husband and I wouldnt mind tho)
    Side affects depned on your body really.
    The ones that have a hold of me are the slight acne.
    I had clear skin now Im getting a couple zits here and there.
    Also I gained 3 lbs :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I used the low dose pill and I also had my period 2 times a month. It's a very senestive pill have to take it at the same exact time everyday and if you miss it throws your cycle completing off..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• To add to above I did miss a few pills and never got pregnant while on it... I m pregnant now b/c I went off and was switching to a new pill should have stayed on lol ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Don't be surprised if your milk supply takes a dip even though those are the BC to take while breastfeeding it does still have the same effect as regular BC. I would recommend using condoms.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I was on it for almost 3 years, no issues or pregnancies. I prefer it over the full-dose pill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It depends on you. Is doesn't take much to stop me from getting preggo, I have trouble getting preggo. But I have been taking the mini pill for the last 22 months, had my period a few times in the beginning, but no baby. I took it with my oldest as well and no baby. I didn't notice any adverse side effects, but I didn't with the full dose pill either. I hope that helped. The full does pill dries me up in a hurry.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i took a low dose b.control for the first 8 mos of my baby b/c i was nursing. it worked in two ways for me, it completly turned off my sex drive and made me snap easy and honestly pretty crabby, so there was no way i was getting prego. ive been off for 2 mos and feel like a new person, and my hubbys very happy! now i just use condoms.
    Anonymous