why do baby toys, that are just sitting in the middle of the floor, go off by them selves?

We have this sesame street fire truck riding toy and it keeps talking. No one is even near it and it keeps saying "watch out fire truck coming through! *whooo whoo*" The helicopter toy does it too, just randomly sings.

What is up with these baby toys????LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because they're all possessed by demonic spirits.

We have this one OBNOXIOUS toy (that my son, of course, loves) that will out of nowhere say, "Hello Brainy Baby!" and then when nobody pushes a button it says, "Where'd you go?" and then finally, "Bye-bye!" And of course it says it in the creepiest freakin' possessed-toy-in-a-horror-movie voice.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yeah, creepy. I noticed that most of the time toys do it when the batteries are getting low though it doesn't make much sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• These toys do this because of the new device to alert parents tha the toy on/off button is still on. I fyou turn it off after your child is done playing with it- you will save the battery life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• They're possessed. Even freakier...my girls have this doll that talks and it has randomly just started talking in the middle of the night. Now that is creepy. There was this one time it just wouldn't shut up, calling for it's "Mommy" to pick her up or give her cookies. I finally had to go hunt her down and turn her off because it was driving me nuts. I hate that doll but my girls love it.
    I've actually taken the batteries out of most of their toys that make noise because I can't stand them. And they have this Barbie computer thing that was so freaking loud I had to put duct tape over the speaker because I was afraid it would hurt my 3yo's hearing (it was loud enough to hear in another room with the doors closed and she's sitting a foot away from the speaker.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It could be the buttons or the batteries. It scared the crap out of me when my son ABC Elmo toy would start singing at 2am in the other room. I would just freeze and pray it would stop. Other then Toy Story, toys coming to life creep me out!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It's because the batteries are dying, i changed the batteries when my kids toys started doing that, and turned them off when not in use.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• We hear BEEP BEEP! Coming through! In Elmo's voice. LOL That one does it whether or not the batteries are low. It's crazy. I think it has some sort of short in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• When my daughters Elmo Llive's batteries started dying it was so creepy. It's super loud and all of a sudden out of nowhere it would start talking and moving. It reminded me of a chucky doll for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Toys like that freak me out, too.
    I don't recall there being affordable toys available like these back when my girls were small so I never had a problem then, but now that my granddaughter lives with us she has all kinds of toys that make noises. Some require batteries and others just require someone to push a button. When I put her in her crib at night I go around and put all the switches to the off position before I go to bed...lol.
    I hope we never have a "possessed" problem. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Toys can go off with loud noises and interference of truckers with their radios.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009