does spicy food really help when ur term

doc wants 2 induce thurs if i havent started on my own yes its medical reasons w/ bp being really high sometimes but i want 2 try avoiding pitocin n those other fake things 2day i am 38w will spicy food really help get thngs going? i been walkin all day n yesterday 2 anything else i can try? i dnt kno the others or if any really work either

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing will help at all unless you have already started sorry.
    If your body is not in the progress of labor then there is nothing that you can do to make it happen.
    pitocin SP is not bad. I was induced with it.
    It went by pretty fast I was naturally diatlated to 1 1/2 and at 4 am I was started then my 3 PM I was ready and at 4 PM I had my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No, unfortunately that is just a myth. Labor will only begin when it is time. However, semen can help ripen the cervix and maybe make you dilate faster if your body has already started to prepare foe labor. Good luck and congratulations !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i think it's a myth too. i also agree that nothing will help unless your body is ready for labor. and i agree that sex is probably your best shot, the semen can help. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2009