what happens at the first appointment?

I went to the clinic and found out i was 7 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy is high risk for past personal reasons. My doctor cant see me for another week so she told me to go to the emergency and get an ultrasound heartbeat and more. Then they will transfer her my paperwork. She works at this hospital so i understood. What else will be getting done at my first appointment?
Im going tomorrow and so excited!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably a pelvic exam, a history sheet, maybe a PAP smear and discussing your course of action for the management of your care (since you're high risk).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• What that did at my first appointment is confirm that you are prego and take a blood test and check the heat beat.. Then the next appointment is when they did my Pap smear

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• With all 3 of my pregnancies, my first prenatal appointment was pretty much a vaginal ultrasound, pap smear, and discussing any medical issues. The very first appointment I had was of course, the blood work, urine sample (to check to see if I was pregnant) and paperwork. If you've already covered all that, then the prenatal stuff is what you'll have done.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2009