My hubby's getting...fat?

Lately, I've been on a kick to get my whole family into shape. Eating more fruits and veggies, steaming chicken and fish. I even started going to the gym regularly, tkking my bike, and walking the dog more often. Well my husband has been doing some of the things - but I happened to look at his purchases online and I've noticed that he is going to fast food restaurants at the McDonalds nearby our house right before he gets home! ANd he is ordering a lot of FOOD! I haven't seen any of it! SO now I know that he is gorging himself and coming home to eat dinner- salmon, wild rice and fresh green beans! No wonder why he isn't getting slimmer. Not alone this in truly UNHEALTHY for him. I don't care if he's bigger- I just want him around for as long as he can be HEALTHY! What should I do. BTW- He doesn't know that I know what he's been doing. Should I confront him? oh, his whole family is OBESE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• You should tell him your concerns about it. Tell him you know what he's doing and that having a treat once in a hwile is fine... but that eating like that is going to take him from his kids before his time, and you don't want to raise a family by yourself.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would bring it up as a joke. You can start off saying after all the healthy meals you wanted to give him a break. Then cook burgers and fries for dinner so he has to eat the same thing twice in a row!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'd tell him he needs to see a therapist for help with his addiction. When he asks what addiction, tell him that you know about what he is doing and that hiding the fact he has been eating fast food before getting home is a classic sign of some one being addicted to something.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• he is a grown man what makes you think you have to teach him how to eat and loose weight,if he wants to he will,till then dont make him think he has to be in a strict diet at home.i know you love him but he has to want it not you for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• He is an adult .
    You are not his mother.
    He can eat what he wants.
    You cant make him lose weight.
    How would you feel if he went online and posted something saying my wife is getting FAT?
    Gah grow up let them man be himself.
    Dont take everything away from him My husband is losing weight because he wants to and he still goes to mcdonalds sometimes.
    Maybe if you didnt try controling every aspect of his life he would be more willing to eat the way you do without pigging out before he got home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You two may need to compromise a little. He may want to lose the weight, but absolutely hate the thought of rice and fish... AGAIN... for diner. Talk to him. Find some healthy alternatives that are really tasty and not fish or chicken. He may be more into the idea then. I understand your wanting him around for as long as possible, and not wanting him to become morbidly obese. As his wife, you should be concerned, but you also have to not try and control his actions like a parent would a child. He needs to be completely on board, and then try and just reduce his calories. I love to cook, love to eat, but I can only handle "diet" foods for so long before I want a cheese burger. Find something to help satisfy him more. Also, consider the portion amounts. If you can find something that is low cal enough, and tasty, he can eat more and still be ok. That could be part of it. He may feel like he isn't getting enough food. TALK :)
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 6:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would not confront him, but do talk to him. See, some of the foods you mention are not favorites of mine, in fact fish I can't stand. So if I knew I was going into a situation where fish was on the menu, I'd be tempted to stop at Mickey D's too. I would talk to him and ask him what he thinks of the menus you've been making - is there anything he'd like more of, less of, something different he'd like you to make? That way, if he's doing this b/c he doesn't like the food, you can compromise and change the menu for him. But if he says everything is fine, great, all that, then you can gently ask him why he stops at Mickey D's then. This way you can find out why, but he won't feel like he's being attacked or picked on or anything like that. I also agree that eating healthy and diet foods, you still need a break now and then. Maybe have a night a week where you guys eat that kind of food so he doesn't feel deprived.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• makehim do,,bloodwork,,,,,,,mine had it 2 weeks ago and now knows HE HAS TO STOP THE CRAP EATING
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• And yes confront him,,,,I do ,,,,,,,,you care,,,,,,,let me know
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• oh what a fun situation. i can't even imagine. you could pray for him, not sure of your religion here, but if you can't do it, God can. Just pray for him or for God to talk to him about his weight and health. you may be surprised at what happens.
    nagging the ol man is the worst thing you can do, just pretend like you are not aware of what he is doing and go about your and your kids healthy eating habits.
    or you could just mention to him that he can stop putting money in retirement and buy a bigger life insurance policy since he won't be around to see retirement.
    I told my ol man that, and he quit smoking cold turkey that day. and i never had to say another work about smoking before or after that statement.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2009