Need help!

Okay, I need help! I am 38 years old . I have no ovaries but have a uterus. doc has had me on bc pills to induce a period. For years I have also had thyroid problems. So there again doc put me on meds. then I end up with depression anxiety problems. guess what? once again I get put on meds! I am frustrated because I know that bc pills affect your thyroid, but that is what the doctor says I need to take. Depression is also a sign of Hypothyroidism, which the bc pills are affecting. Does anyone understand what i just said? God bless you if you do,lol. Now I took myself off of all of them and went to herbal stuff. only problem is without the bc pills I can't have a period. Ughhh!!!!!!!!What do I do? Is it okay not to have a period anymore, or am I to young?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• First, let me say I am NOT a Dr or health professional, so honestly, all I can offer is my opinion, for what it's worth.

But honestly, I don't understand why you HAVE to have a period, or, if there's a reason, why you have to have one every month? I'm wondering this because there are bc pills out now that will actually suppress your period so you only have 4 a yr.

I would ask your Dr about why you have to have a period, and also, honestly, I think I would ask another Dr for a second opinion. Because this seems like a lot of meds and a lot of health issues just to be able to make sure you have a period. I would think that stopping the pills and not having your period would be similar, in your case, to going through menopause.

Like I said, I would talk to your Dr and also get a 2nd opinion.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• "I don't understand why you HAVE to have a period" --sailorwifenmom

AGREED!
    thats one of the only things Im enjoying about being pregnant, no period! lol
    imduejune11

Answer by imduejune11 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Not sure why you have your uterus when you don't have your ovaries. Why not just take the darn thing out and focus on your thyroid problem. I don't know why you need to have a period.

I'd get a 2nd opinion, see a different doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2009