whats the best way to ween baby to a sippy cup

my 14 month old doesnt want anything to do with his sippy cup i less it involves throwing it

jeneye4

Asked by jeneye4 at 3:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• With my oldest, I stopped giving her anything but water in a bottle. Only sippy cups had the good stuff. She weened off the bottle really fast then. She was about 12 months, and had refused all previous cup attempts. With my youngest, we changed her to a soft spout sippy cup at around 9 months. The spout felt like a nipple, and she was fine with the change. We just changed to a hard spout a few months later and she didn't seem to care. Maybe one of these 2 ideas will work for you. Good luck :)
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 5:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Mommy is for milk, sippys are for water. Just keep reinforcing the message.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• We just stopped offering the bottle. Only provide a sippy cup. They he will come around and drink from it when he sees there is no more bottles. The first day is a little rough but after that it gets better.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009