Random bladder failure????

So I'm standing in the kitchen with DH while he's making me a midnight snack: when all of a sudden I'm just pissing on the floor! I didn't cough or sneeze or laugh or any of the things that will usually cause a small trickle. Just standing there: and it is a full on piss! We're talking huge stream, legs soaked, huge puddle spreading on the floor kind of piss! I am incredibly embarrassed by this! Is this a normal occurrence for being 37w 4d pregnant? What can I do to ensure that this does not happen again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree, happens from time to time when you are that far along and not much to be done about it. Baby was in the right spot, your bladder had enough in it, and voila! You get to stand in a puddle. Your only options to avoid embarrassment are not go anywhere for the remainder of the pregnancy, or buy some adult hygiene garments for temporary use until your pregnancy is done. It probably won't happen very often if it happens again at all. All the conditions had to be just right for it to happen this time. Personally, I would just go about life as normal. You are pregnant, and some things just happen beyond your control. :)
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 5:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Normal, yup... went through it myself. Not much you can do though. It happened because the baby squeezed your bladder or decided to give it a good kick... don't be too embarassed... nothing you could've done to prevent or stop it.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2009