how long after going off the depo shot can i get pregnant?

i have been on the depo shot for a year and a half. my husband and i havce decided that we are going to try for another baby. i am suppose to go in to get my next shot oct 14 but i am not going to. how long after getting of the shot can i get pregnant? is there anything i can do to help speed up the conception?

jasken

Asked by jasken at 6:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm not sure about the shot, but a friend of mine... Her daughter had a IUD and got that removed to try and have another child took it out 7 weeks ago and found out she is about 6 weeks prego!

idk if that helps but i'd imagine it's about the same time frame. Meaning fairly quickly from stopping.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I know someone who was on the depo for 2 years and she got off it about 1 1/2 ago and still can't seem to get pregnant. I don't know I guess it just depends on who it is. Wish you luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• It took me 18 months after my last depo to get pregnant. That was 6 months of temping, charting and OPKing. My other 2 kids were conceived after the pill and IUD and were concieved the 1st month of trying. Obviously, the Depo takes much longer to completely work it's way out of your system.

good luck, hun and be patient.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I got the shot twice. Then we decided to TTC and it was taking so long I made an appointment for my OB to tell me sometimes it can take up to 36 MONTHS to completele rid your system. I was pissed. They should tell people this before they give it to them because it is normal for women to continue their birth control up until the MONTH they would like to start trying.

Well..I got my last shot August 06 and got pregnant December 08 (though I was NOT trying to get pregnant that whole time) I even broke up with that guy, met someone else and conceived VERY easy with him.

Good Luck!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• well i've just depo since i was 16 and when i had my daughter it took a year and a half and we are trying now i've been of of depio since last oct 08' and nothing yet
    chedda

Answer by chedda at 12:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2009