Charlotte NC , Is it really as bad as the things I am reading? Moms that live there or have lived there.

I understand cities all have crime and stuff, But I am help my cousin do some research on it and she is a little freaked out by the things we are reading. Is it really that bad of a city or does it have some good places?
She is having to move there because her husband works for the Airport and they are tranfering him. So they have to live by the airport. They found a nice apartment gated and all but one review on line said that "black" people keep holding people up. ( I used "" with black because well I really dont know the story or if the person was starting crap ya know) I am just wondering tho from the people that live there or have lived there is Charlotte that bad? I want her to feel safe and until I can help her see some good LOL She is acting iffy aboput it and it worries her husband. He is scared she wont want to go with him. ( i know she will I just want to help set her mind at ease.)
Thanks for any input ya'll :)

countrygirls422

Asked by countrygirls422 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Its not that bad. There are certain areas that are worse than others just like any city. Unless his living RIGHT at the air port is a requirement for his job, I would suggest one of the smaller surrounding cities...like matthews, monroe, mint hill, concord, harrisburg...all of those places have a lower cost of living and wouldn't be far from his job.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• No, it is not that bad. I lived there for 12 years and I LOVED it. If my husband was not in the military, we would still be living there. But I do agree with the PP, if he can live in one of the surrounding cities, try to find a place there. Concord is my personal favorite, but other places are nice as well.
    usmclife58

Answer by usmclife58 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2009