Im 5 ft 9 and 260 lbs I cant lose weight :(

I can barely work out because of my back even . If i attempt a sit up or anything really using my back it causes me so much apin in the lower part of my back I even keep throwing my back out and end up in bed for 3 days :(
I eat healthy I love fruits and veggie. I eat chicken very little beef. No pasta or just food.
I drink water or grapefruit juice . When I make a sandwich even it is just 2 slices of wheat bread 2 pieces f turkey (1 serving is 6 slices and is 50 cal.) Then I cut a small tomato and that is it.
I walk alot it is all I can pretty much do.
This weight has been all added on because of my kids :(
With my first I was 165 lbs healthy athletic everything even weight lifted then by the end of my pregnancy I weight 265.
Took me 5 years to get to 220 ( I wasnt healthy then) Then I got pregnant again and went from 220 to 250 had the baby then was 220 but in the past 6 months some how I gained 40 lbs! cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Iam on anti depressants and birth control.

What can I do I need to lose weight , In my family if you are over weight you get sick .
    Please I need some help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I am having the same problem. I am 5'2 and 230. All my fat is from my kids. I gained the most with me oldest 8 yrs ago & could not ever lose it. I am walking more & drinking more water. Nothing helps me at all. The bad thing is all these things out there run in my family & it seems like I am the lucky one to get some of them. So good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Watch your calorie intake and have you heard of 10,000 steps a day.... it really works if you walk. That is 5 miles aday. Start off slow and add as you proceed with your walk. If you work ,,, you have to walk back. drink a gallon of water aday and try some fat burners. You need movement to improve your back.... , but talk to your Dr. about walking. Cost is very cheap too. My father-in-law broke his back years ago and they told him he would never walk again. They were wrong.... He learned how to walk again and his back is stronger than ever... he is in his early 70's now. It must be a mind thingy...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• : Exercise will give you more energy, not make you tired all the time.
    You may claim that you’re too tired to exercise. Actually, your lack of exercise may be responsible for making you feel that way. Even normally active individuals who take a few weeks off from exercise begin to feel more sluggish, lethargic, and unmotivated to exercise. Start standing up and moving around more frequently, and you’ll likely feel re-energized instead of drained.
    Elda90042

Answer by Elda90042 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If you don’t use it, you lose it.
    Poor health is another major barrier to exercise participation, but not one that can’t be overcome. In fact, becoming more active actually improves your health in so many ways, even if it’s ailing. Age itself may be considered an exercise barrier. What you don’t use, you lose, though, so fight back and prevent some of the decline just by being physically active. Even engaging in physical activities around your home helps.
    Elda90042

Answer by Elda90042 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

•  Start by exercising for 10 minutes, 5 days per week, or 20 minutes, 3 days per week.
    Elda90042

• I didnt say I was to tired I said it hurts my back to do certain things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If you haven't already spoke to your doctor, that is the first thing you should do. Low thyroid function can be a cause, as well as countless other health aliment. All it takes is a simple blood work and a physical exam. Maybe your birth control or medications need tweaking. You need to have your back checked out as well. If the pain was more tolerable, maybe you'd be able to exercise more. If your back will allow you to do this, walk for ten minutes, three times a day. Keep a food journal, and record every single bite you take. Drink more water. I'm in the same boat, only I work out intensely on daily basis and cannot lose weight. I just had a complete physical evaluation to make sure nothing is hindering my weight-loss.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Stop buying junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2009

• sometimes a diet supplement is a good booster, ive been taking anoretix and its worked awesome, i have a hard time working out too because of my back and i just dont find the time to do anything else. i was having a hard time losing 10 pounds from my daughters birth and with the supplement ive had no trouble at all
    daisycristal

Answer by daisycristal at 5:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009