I just pulled a tick off of myself besides the fact that is really gross I'm breastfeeding how worried should I be??

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• if i was you, i would stop giving your milk to your baby until you go to the doctor. ive had lyme disease before. not fun.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• it depends on the tick. call your dr and explain what it looked like. usually the ones with spots are ones to worry about. but just give em a call and see what they recommend. and yes they are gross, i hate em.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'd consult your doctor. I wouldn't mess around with the question of breast feeding and lyme disease. Did you save the tic?

My dd had a tic on her eye lid that showed up 2 days after her class took a field trip to the woods. She had a hat on that day, but apparently that didn't help. I took her to the ER where they removed the tic and gave her an antibiotic 'just in case'.

I'd see or talk to a doctor. Don't mess around with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2009