i THINK I HAVE THE CHICKEN POX!!!

how can I be sure. Im going to the doctor today at 9:30am but I have a 1month old and I dont want to give them to her. I looked up pictures of them on google and they look EXACTLY like what i have. how can I prevent giving them to my daughter. its just me b/c my husband just left for work

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if it IS chickenpox then your too late on keeping it away from your daughter....seeing the spots from chicken pox is actually the LAST stage of it...you had it before you saw spots...best thing you can do is have your doc find out for sure if its chicken pox and keep an eye on the baby.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• When you were pregnant, the doctor should have done a Verisella-Zoster titer as part of your prenatal care. Were you told that you have never had the Pox? if this is so, you doc would have offered you the vaccine. If you have had the Pox in the past this could be something else like impetigo. Having a little one contract the chicken poxs wont be the end of the world. Blueeye has the right idea. If it's the poxs, it's too late. Follow your docs instructions and be thankful your little one is too tiny to scratch the blisters.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 9:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• See what you can do for your baby. My husband is a nurse and he could not work with the vaccine when i was pregnant and he still cant work with it untill our son is 2 years old. Its alot harder when you have a child that young get it. Talk to your doctor about it and see if thats even what you have. I wouldnt stress about it till you talk to your doctor. He will be able to tell you what you need to do to lower the risks of your baby geting it. And what you can do if she does get them. Good luck and i hope that thats not whats going on and its just a rash....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I will tell you that if you do have the chicken pox, your 1 month old child should still have a certain amount of immunity in her body.
    From experience, when my older 2 daughters caught chicken pox, my 3 month old daughter also caught them but ONLY had 3 spots. It was no big deal and hers cleared up quicker than the ones my older 2 had.
    What happened, though, is that the immunity in her body did not allow her to build an immunity to the chicken pox virus so when she was in elementary school she caught them again, but it was a very mild case - less than 10 spots and no discomfort.
    Ask your doctor questions and then call your child's pediatrician to ask them questions about your child.
    I hope you feel well soon!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• if you are breast feeding you wont give them to her you will give her immunity..

MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 12:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2009