toddler bed and when 2..

i have a toddler bed in my dd's room she is 10 1/2 months old she is in her crib right now but was wondering when i could start the transition to her toddler bed? or when did yours go to a toddler bed and why

alcnic55448

Asked by alcnic55448 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I never used a toddler bed but moved the children to a twin bed when it was time.

For the first, I moved him at about age 3 because his brother was due in a few months, and I didn't want the older boy to think the new baby had taken his crib. So I moved the crib beside the bed, so the crib bars were still there, but the child could crawl out of the bed at the foot of the bed. Gradually I moved the crib away from the bed.

For the younger child it was when he started climbing out of the crib- about age 2.

Answer by Bmat at 8:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My daughter is 14 months and we've been debating about when we are going to move her, but I think she will be going to a twin bed at our house and toddler bed @ g'mas house. So she will be in the toddler bed soon but I think we will wait until she is 2 or so before moving her to the twin bed. I know my nephew was 3 before he went to the toddler bed.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 9:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Landons been in a toddler bed since 13 months. He was never in the crib in the morning so i just figured it was safer then him climbing out. He's 22 months now and is doing great. I did over haul the room though. Removing anything i thought was a safety hazard. Now he just just gets in bed and goes to sleep. He does try to get out of the room in the morning but i bought one of thoses door knob thingy's!
    jlstewart922

Answer by jlstewart922 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• my son is 31 months and is still in his crib. i figure he will stay in his crib until he is able to climb out. Thats what my parents did with my little brother. when you move a kid to a toddler bed then you have to screw the dressers to walls so they dont climb on them and knock them over. also you have to leave the doors open to your room and his room in case they get scared. but thats just my opinion
    momcandy5

Answer by momcandy5 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i waited until they were trying to crawl out of their crib to be safer (about 2). i just took them to the store and let them pick out their own big kid bedding for the big kid bed only and they were willing to sleep in the new bed.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 12:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• my daughter has been in a toddler bed since she was 13 months (she is now 15 months) and it's great! I think it just depends on the baby. We will be moving her to a twin soon!
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2009