blisters on bottom, yeast infection or something else?

my son had what i thought was just a little bit of diaper rash or maybe just some heat rash on his bottom but yesterday they turned into what looks like blisters, he had a yeast infection before but it didn't look like this, any ideas? i'm going to call the pedi after breakfast to see if I can get him in there, i don't want to wait like i did when he had the YI, (i really thought it was just bad diaper rash)

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 8:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter gets that a little bit too when she has a really loose diaper when teething, and she gets little sores, I'm sure they are from the loose stool & teething but the weird thing is they are on the outside of the diaper on her upper leg. I just put some Balmex on it and it clears up but this time it does look like one kinda 'broke open'. Let us know what you find out!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 9:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• There are a lot of things it could be. You are making the right call getting him into the doc. Staph infections, allergic reactions and YI can present with similar "blisters". Infections of the skin will be hot and painful and the child may develop a fever. An allergic reactions may be itchy and painful but a fever is rare. Let your little man run around diaperless when ever you can. This will help keep the area from getting more irritated until you can get into the doc.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 9:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You need to go to the pediatrician because there is so much it could be. It could even be Staph or Strep. Your dr can do a swab test and have results back in about 15 minutes.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• we have an app for 2:30 today, so we'll see, i hate to see it bothering him so much, so we're going.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 12:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2009