what is the earliest you got a positive on a home pregnancy test?

by days past ovulation or just in relation to your period.

and do you know what the sensitivity of the test was? (ie 25 miu, 50 miu?)

just curious, i know it's best to wait until you have missed your period. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My earliest was 6 days before the first day of my period. I used the First Response "5 days sooner" test and I just had a feeling that I was. It was a light line but definately there! I tested three times after just to be sure! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i'm OP and i only got a positive with my son right around the day my period was due, so probably about 17 days after ovulation.

now i'm trying for #2, and i am testing way too early, at just 9 days after ovulation, a week before my period is due! so a negative isn't very surprising but i need to wait and test this weekend, i know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i don't remember when i got a positibe with my first 3, but with this pregnancy i did not get a positive until i was almost 3 weeks late for my period. Im sure it was sooner than that with my first 3 pregnancies, i just can't remember. I tested 2 weeks after my missed period and got a negative with this pregnancy. I used a dollar store brand with each pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My husband and I were trying hard to get pregnant, so he had me take a test a few days before my period was due. It was almost two weeks after conception! =)
    (which apparently isn't abnormal at all, but I was inpressed! lol)
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 10:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Oh and the test. The first one i took was a first response test. We had just moved so it had been in storage for a long time and I didn't know how accurate it was. The second I took was just a dollar store test.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 10:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• my earliest was with my 4th pregnancy- it was a few days before my period was due
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• 8 days before my period was due. It was an extremely faint line.

But I just knew I was pregnant, since it's my second pregnancy, it was easy to identify the subtle changes happening in my body that I couldn't pick out the first time.

With my first pregnancy, I was clueless until a week and half after my period was due.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• my earliest was 5 weeks 2 days only reason i knew that was because i had to have an ultra sound as i was schedualed to get sterilised lol
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• About 10-11 days after ovulation. Faint, but it's true.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:35 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• 8DPO and I know it was as I was using OPK's it was faint but it was there and kept getting darker and darker everyday. It was a dollar store brand.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2009