Nausea

I have been so nauseous for the past couple days. I have no idea what is wrong with me. It lasts all day! I can't eat or drink. When i feel like I'm hungry, the second I smell food I'm nauseous again! And if I can manage food, I take a couple bites and feel like I'm gonna toss my cookies. UGH! It's so irritating. I hate this feeling. Anyone else ever experienced this? (I don't think I'm pregnant, AF just passed by)
Any tips?

alyssa_katie

Asked by alyssa_katie at 9:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• there may be a stomach flu going around. have you tried soup (just the broth)? or go back to being a kid, the brat diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Be sure you stay hydrated- drink enough fluids. It is easy to get dehydrated and then it gets harder to drink fluids. Try sucking (not chewing- that is bad for your teeth)on ice chips. Also regular ginger ale seems to be soothing, especially very cold- fill the glass with ice and then pour the ginger ale over the ice and sip with a straw. You need electrolytes such as salt and other minerals, so sports drinks or something like Gatorade, although I've heard to water them down. Broth may help. Call your doctor's office to get their advice, also.

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• ginger tea
    chamomile tea
    papaya enzymes.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009