News media too blahze about economy

With people losing their jobs (or being cut back) and the credit minimum payments and interests hiking, why is the media just saying, "It's just sign of the times"? Why is the media so blahze and not redirecting their viewers to survival workshops?

Just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it deeply scary you would look to the media for survival tips, you must be a liberal. Did you look to the MSM for voting advice and guidance? Having the MSM push Obama in our faces and now refusing to admit their mistakes in pushing or endorsing the man would only be obvious by saying anything other than "a sign of the times". By saying that phrase exactly, they aren't pointing to the real reason the recession has lasted longer than Carter's and is worse than his, Carter 2.0 the Horrific Edition is at the helm. And MSM endorsed him, keep looking to MSM for survival tips but plan your funeral in advance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If the media openly acknowledges how bad things really are, even stupid people will start to save money a little more. If the stupid people start saving money, the people who sell crap like snuggies and lube and luxury cars won't make money. If the people who sell crap don't make money, they won't pay to advertise. Then the media is out of jobs, too.

Granted, that would also have a major impact on the economy as a whole - if everyone started saving - but as long as we have a large supply of stupid people, it will keep eking along on their backs.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Learn to spell--it is blase'. 

Read this article--things are showing slow improvement in many areas--especially our debt.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/10/10/financial/f102256D66.DTL

it is an AP article shared with many major newspapers (before you jump on the SFC isn't a credible source brigade).  The same article is out on AP, REUTERS, BBC, CNN etc. 

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 10:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• _ 6.2 percent: Unemployment rate a year ago.

_ 9.8 percent: Unemployment rate today.

You think things are getting better? Ask all those who are still are unemployment. Ask the Saturn employees and Dell employees who have recently lost their jobs. With less people employed, the government will collect less taxes, and our deficit will grow. The unemployed are also NOT going to be spending this next quarter, and if sales don't increase significantly, we will see more companies closing their doors in January.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• The first thing I noticed was the spelling attempt....blahze. umm, it is BLASE. So, I took the rest with a grain of salt and a decision to see if this is another blog. I need to read news,not rumor. So,I will go and find out if its true. Oh-and when someone posts another anti-Lib post, I have to shrug and say "that's your problem.get over it".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Great reply mancos...TN unemployment up to over 10 percent this past month...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Lol, swine flu is the trend of the moment. Didn't you get the memo? Gotta go with the trends, they have the attention span of ants.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP here,

Hey Spelling Nazis, Blahze Blaze. What's the dif. You got the point.

Certainly glad that I'm an anon. That Golden Anon Button. I treasure it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2009