Chicken Pox - Am I in danger?

A 40-something guy I work with contracted chicken pox. I was inoculated as a child but I still got them in high school. I only got them on my belly. At that time the doctor said I could still get them as an adult. That was 25 yrs ago. I know a lot can change in that time. Am I in danger of getting them again? Can I get vaccinated again to be safe? BTW, I have Lupus so my immune system isn't very good to begin with.

Thanks!

aprillynn01

Asked by aprillynn01 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• I'd ask your doctor. Especially due to the lupus. I doubt you would get chicken pox again, but you want to watch out for shingles, caused by the same virus. I think there is something the doctor can give you to prevent shingles now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You need to call your doctor and explain to him/her this and see what they have to say. The older you are the worst they are if you get them. My friend never got them as a kid and got them at 24 and she had them EVERYWHERE i mean EVERYWHERE. You having lupus isn't the best you have been exposed to them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009