Do you have, or know anyone with an eating disorder?

If so what specific one do they partake in? If you had one and got help how did the help work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• I ask because I have bulimia. When I first started purging I didn't really think too much of it, just everyonce in awhile when I felt like I ate too much. About 4 months ago it got to the point that I started throwing up about once a day. Now I throw up anywhere from 2-4 times a day. I can't stand the feeling of food in my stomach. I'm not an unhealthy weight at all. I would say 130 pounds and 5 foot 6. I'm just terrified of getting fat again. I just get scared that eating and letting that food sit in there is just going to add pounds to my figure. Even when I work out I still throw up. I'm just wondering if anyone else goes through these thoughts and if, like me, it doesn't seem to affect your life at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I have both anerexia and bulimia. I have suffored from these since i was about 15. I am recovering right now, it has been about 2 years since i've done anything. I had to see a therapist and it helped a lot. I also got pregnant with my daughter around the same time and that is what helped me the most. I know i could slip back into my old ways easy but if i ever have any thought about it i talk to my family. They keep me strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• There is a group on here for moms with bulimia you should check it out, it has helped me a lot. I feel the same way you do, i can't stand the feeling of food in my stomache. I want to get pregnant again so after i eat i have been trying to stay busy so i wont purge. It is a daily battle for me. It is a disease and i have talked to my dr and gotten counseling but i still can't help it sometimes. I know exactly how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• At 16 I was anorexic but over came it I 5'3 and weighed 95lbs now at 23 and pregnant with #2 I'm 129

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009