im going insane someone help me please?

my mil is annoying, yes she is she always try to tell me how to raise my son, we just have an argument . my hubby is sick with a flu he slept in another room to proctect me and the baby? my mil said to me " you should change the sheets becuase you hubby is sick with the flu, i got up and i asked her what makes her think i didnt she said " im just saying" i said yes i change the sheets, pillows and sprayed the room with lysol anibacterial. she said back to me " oh you think you know everything you have never been a mother and you act like you know everyting" i said so far he is my first and im doing a good job, she claims i have and actitude, yes she takes like actitute but when it cime to my son I KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE, she said she cant take my actitude and find some place to go, which is humilliating. anyone want to say anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Just because eventually everyone dies or you live with her doesn't mean she can be a bitch to you. She has no business telling you how to run your marriage and raise your son. If it is such a big deal to baby her grown son, she needs to help with the sheets or whatever is so important while you take care of your son. You don't need to be handling your husband's crap anyway if you don't want to spread that to your son. Since you all are with her, she can help. I can't imagine why she would want her grandson to possibly catch the flu when she could change the sheets herself. It wasn't a suggestion, she is starting a problem. Do yourself a favor and look for another place for the three of you to move to. I have yet to see a couple be happy living with the husband's mommy. Too many MIL's can't grasp the fact that yes, their baby boys do grow up.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If she lives with you, you need to learn how to get along with her. She probably is just trying to help. JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Sounds like you both have an attitude...not just her. While you may know your son better than anyone, don't automatically turn off any advice given to you because it may very well be good advice. Next time she asked if you did something (ie change the sheets) just say "I'm way ahead of you..." and smile. That will go along way in keeping peace and keeping her attitude to a minimum.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I understand completely hun! My mom was here for 2 weeks and we clashed because of her constent, well meaning advice. It sounds like you need to make arrangements to get her out of your home. Its difficult to be woman of the house with an older mother living in the house. If she can't respect your need and desire to learn on your own and trust your own instincts then she needs to find another arrangement.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• He should have stayed in the room he already contaminated and you and the baby slept elsewhere but that's water under the bridge at this point. Tell him to stay put and quit spreading his germs everywhere. Now for MIL, Just smile and nod and walk away. She obviously thinks one way and you think another so there is no use in arguing. Play with your baby or take care of your son and don't waste energy fighting with MIL. She's not going to listen anyway so save your breath.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Does she live with you? How is she commenting about all these details--is she calling you on the phone, or viisiting you in person?

I would humor her for about 30 seconds and then thank her and either change the subject or get off the phone or go do something else. You're never going to be doing right in her mind so forget trying to reason with her. She just wants to be the know-it-all here and that won't change. It's all about dealing with it and not getting into arguments, that's the best I can tell you.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Just wondering, what is actitude? If what you are saying is ATTITUDE then I would say you both have it. God she was just making a suggestion and you bite her head off. When I had my first child I knew that I didnt know it all and welcomed advice. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. She is after all more experienced then you, maybe you should listen to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• yes i live with her,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• regardless of how much experience does she had her last child was 34 years ago, is no the same time.im the mother of my child she have to laid back and let me a mother, but she doesnt want to do that, she doesnot want haave peace in her house there is always something " you act like you know everything" does it bothers her that i am ahead of her"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• IF you are living with her, maybe its time you and hubby find a way to get your own place if she is bothering you that much.
    It sounds like she was just offereing you a suggestion, and you jumped on her. I think you both have an attitude.

You keep saying you are the mother, well then maybe its time you and hubs suck it up and find another place to live. So you can be the mother, and not have anyone else to answer to.
    Anonymous