I was wondering if anybody on here did weight watchers or are doing ww while breastfeeding?

BusyMom022206

Asked by BusyMom022206 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know someone who is.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Its really not a good idea. Dr's tend to advise against any type of dieting while breastfeeding because your baby really needs the calories. Not too mention you already lose up to 500 calories a day just by breastfeeding, so as long as you eat healthy and don't overeat you will lose weight that way. I remember always being hungry while nursing so I tried to munch on healthier foods, almonds, fruits etc. But depriving your body while nursing is not a good idea for baby or you. Although that is a completely personal decision, this is just my two cents!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Weight watchers is not a diet...it's a way of life....second, I wouldn't recommend while BFing...you need EXTRA calories as you are burning around 500 a day BFing...there's always time after you are done. BTW, it does work, I just wouldn't try while BFing.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Just to let posters know WW has a special weight loss plan for mothers who nurse. It is specifically designed for mothers who are breastfeeding making sure they get the proper nutrition & calories.

OP~ Good for you! WW is a great organization that will set you up with the proper way to eat but make sure you are on the plan for breastfeeding mothers.

Anonymous

• Weight Watchers has a plan just for breastfeeding moms. I was never able to do it...$$$...but I have seen it work very well.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Weight Watchers is actually one of the only "diet"s that are recommended for a nursing mom. It's safe, as long as you follow the nursing mom plan.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009