for the women who have had more than one child :)

after the first pregnancy did you get the same scary but excited feeling everytime you were expecting the next. I would have thought that it would have been an old hat feeling. :) I also couldnt imagine more kids after the first lol not that i didnt want any more but just couldnt picture it. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, i was only scared with my first pregnancy. I was in a different situation with that one than with my other 3 pregnancies. I wasn't married yet and wasn't sure i wanted to be. My DH and i got married 2mo. after our first baby was born. WIth my 2nd and 3rd preg. i was very excited. With this pregnancy now(my 4th) i was totally suprised because i had an IUD in i had to get removed so i didn't know how to feel at first, but now i am happy, but also scared. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• YES!! When I was pregnant with my second, the closer the due date got, the more guilty I felt knowing I would have to divide the attention my first born got with a new sibling. I was nervous about having two children. And now pregnant with my third, omg my third!!, I am still wondering how I am going to do this!! But it is worth it and it will work....right??!! =)

Everytime I find myself getting nervous or worried, I just remind myself of all of the women who would do anything for just one baby and realize how lucky I am . It helps keep my mind together!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i was scared toward the end of both pregnancies, and am pregnant a third time and it's getting close to the end and i have to have another c-section so the anxiety is slowly settling in again. even though it's not unknown anymore there's always the small chance something could go unexpectedly or wrong, plus i have to prepare mentally to handle 3 kids under age 4!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i wasnt scared with the first or second
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I just learned I was pregnant with my second last week.

And so far, I'm not really scared about the pregnancy, because it's not such a "unknown" experience now, though I am dreading the morning sickness setting in.

I don't think I've entirely wrapped my head around two kids in the house yet...I'm sure I'll start freaking out when that really settles in my brain.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• scrared with myfirst then my second came lol an i was like peice of cake an now im 21 weeks pregnant with my 3rd so its not scaREY AT A all for me anymore just exciting an figuring out how to manage 3 kids lol daughter is 5 son i 2 an new born in febuary lol household will never be the same
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm always a little nervous about how life will change, but now that we are on the way to having our third, I know we will figure it out somehow. I have c-sections, but even so, I don't think as much about delivery now. It is LIFE that I worry about!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Expecting my ninth now and have to say..... I go through different emotions daily! I remember thinking after my first, "ok. this baby is 'easy'. I better be careful because if I have another it was be a 'hard' baby." Well, my second was easier than my first! My third on the other hand...... I guess what I am trying to say is that as different as every baby personality is, the same seems to ring true for pregnancy emotions. I still hate going to the doctor, still dread the lack of privacy that comes with the whole thing, will be having my 5th c section and really dread that knowing that in my experience it gets more painful each time. I try not to think to much about the future or I forget to enjoy the smiles and hugs that today brings! Good luck!!
    EgoOkaasan

Answer by EgoOkaasan at 11:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Towards the end of the pregnancies I would get alittle nervous but i'm 2 months pregnant now and i just found out that i'm going to have another c-section only this ones not an emergency so I will be awake and i'm alittle scared.
    iminluvwita

Answer by iminluvwita at 11:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• This my fourth pregnancy. It's just as exciting, not nearly so scary.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2009