Clashing w/ one of your children.....

Do you ever find yourself constantly bickering or not getting along w/ one of your children. Like for example I have 4 daughters and for some reason my one daughter and I constantly clash!!! It drives me nuts. It's always " daddy" We were going to visit my mom and dad this weekend and she said "no I want to go visit nana and pap her other grandparents..It hurts. They are rich and get the kids everything and anything..and my parents on the other hand dont have that kind of money..but spend time w/ them..kids dont realize this at this age!! It's all about get me give me!! Hopefully it'll get easier eventually...but I've been saying that for the last 4 yrs and it's not happening...anyone else have a child like that....or a situation w/ your inlaws having money and your parents not..and your child wanting to go to the inlaws! Thanks ladies in advance!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• ive seen it plenty of times happen.there def spoiled rotten.they get gifts and what they want but they dont get discipline which is why they like it there so much.they gt away with shit.maybe you can try talking to the other grandparents or telling there dad to encourage them to spend time with the other grandparents and stuff.Hopefully they do grow out of it.Good Luck to you and stop streesing yourself
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I don't get along with my oldest. She's 9 and all we do is fight. It's to the point that I don't want to be around her even when she is behaving because I don't like her attitude. I love her but she is such a brat (and not because we spoil her or anything, we don't treat her differently then our other kids). She's selfish and uncaring towards other people. It's all about her and if we don't bend to her whims she throws a tantrum that would rival the worst two year old. She's ruined almost every single family outing in the last 5 years to the point we don't even bring her alone any more. We just assume she is staying home with my dad.
    I'm sure it will only get worse and when she's an adult she won't speak to me. Oh well. I've tried very hard to find things in common with her and do things with her but it always ends in a fight. She just rubs me the wrong way and everyone around us knows it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:22 AM on Oct. 12, 2009