not a question... just talking

well today is my due date and i feel nothing. i have a feeling today is going to come and go... i know that alot of women go way over their due date but i want to see my daughter :(

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow congrats! I didnt make it to my due date. I bet your daughter will be here b4 you know it, and you will get to finally meet her! I bet you are excited!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Patience, patience. Use the time to do things that you enjoy, refold the baby's clothes, straighten out her bed, smile about her little books and toys, listen to music that you like. Sit with your feet up and read or watch a movie. Stroll around outside. Before long your little one will be here and you'll be tired and very busy, so enjoy your tranquility while you can. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• dont worry hun. i know that feeling all to well! is there anything you can do to take your mind off the "ive been pregnant forever and want to meet my baby" slump? maybe sort thru her clothes or make sure you have everything packed? if you have a scrap or memory book, write today's thoughts in it, that it's your due date and how you're feeling.

last time i went 3 weeks past. doc's only considered it 1 cause they had the wrong due date. but i truly thought i would never have her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Oh dear I remember that feeling. My first came 1 day before her date. My second, who from about 34 weeks was "big and would probably come early" (so said my doctor) was NINE excrutiating days past his date. Hang in there....=)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• 2 weeks past my due date, then came labor, I understand how frustrating, and Impatient you must be feeling, but it will happen shortly, and be thankful that you are going to have a healthy beautiful baby girl! Be sure to let us know what she weighs, and if she has hair, congrats!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i know how you feel.walking and sex really do work.i was due the 28th and she came on sept 2nd.i took a long ass walk on the august 29th.started having ontractions that night.then they stayed 10 minutes apart for the 30th and 31st.then when they started shooting through my ass at 5 minutes apart i went and stayed the night at the hospital and had her 341 on the 2nd.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• oh and it didnt help that every day after my due dat all i heard was you aint have that baby yet? hurry up and have that baby! not yet.i was so tempted to just be like "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAD THE F'IN BABY YET!!"
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP
    lol thank you everyone. i am trying to do things but EVERYTHING is done lol. and yes every single day i see someone they are always asking where the baby is and how come i haven't had her yet like it my choice lol. i am super excited though and i am thankful she made it to full term.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I waited until 38 weeks which is technically full term. On that Saturday I was so eager to see my child that I had a yard sale that morning for around 3 hours, refused to sit the entire time. Then I went and picked peas and watermelons with my granny and aunt. Then I walked around for the rest of the evening. 10 o'clock that Sunday morning I was in labor 10:20pm I delivered a healthy 6lb 8 oz baby boy. I can fully understand the excitement. I am so happy for you.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• OP
    thank you. i want to go walking for a while but after about 40 minutes of it i start getting horrible pains in my pelvic area so i don't know...
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2009