Question about Mirena

I got mine put in when my son was two months old. I bleed until he was 4 1/2 months. I havent bled since then and he is 9 months old now. Sorry if this is tmi but i used to spot for like a second literally when me and my fiance' would be together but it hasnt been like that in 2 months. When i first got it put in he could feel it now he doesnt. Just worried that something isnt right. How do you know if it fell out? What would the signs be? Could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have the same thing and same issue. I spot once in a wihle. If he cant feel it then good for him!! its a little stringy thing it prob just got pushed back so he cant feel it. Dont worry you are prob fine. If your worried about being preg go take a test. this thing works well though! I havent gotton preg and as you see i have 5 kids so nothing else can compare.
    Best of luck
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Well most women experience period-like bleeding within a day or two when it's removed. So I would guess it's still there.

But if you or hubby can't find the string, there's nothing wrong with checking with your doc to make sure the string is still where it should be.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I had Mirena installed when my daughter was 6 weeks old (She just turned 3). I was the same, I bled for the first 4-6 months and then I didn't have any bleeding at all up until about 3 months ago. I didn't really think anything of it because the doctor said Mirena doesn't always completely stop periods. Well, I just found out that I'm pregnant and the Mirena is no longer in there. I have no idea when it fell out, but I should have used the bleeding back in August as a clue to have it checked.
    DixiePrincess84

Answer by DixiePrincess84 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I had my IUD in for over a year and my DH felt it everytime. It was still in place and i became pregnant anyway. I had to get it removed. I am now 12 weeks preg. I never bled with mine in though because i was nursing the entire time. I would get it checked out to see if it is still in place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009