does nursing while pregnant, reduce "morning sickness?"

This is my ninth baby, but I have never nursed while pregnant until now. I have severe nausea while pregnant, sometimes in hospital to control it. When I found out I was pregnant again, I did a cold turkey wean on my older child. I noticed as the days wore on I became more and more sick so I have allowed my daughter to begin nursing again (though much less than before). I am hoping this will help keep my hyperemmesis in check. Does anyone have similar experiences or thoughts? Something about the balance of hormones, estrogen or something? please share.

EgoOkaasan

Asked by EgoOkaasan at 10:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I have read about different theories as to the causes of MS, have not seen BFing in there that I recall. But one that rang true for me was that it's related to blood sugar issues.
    I have nursed and not nursed through pregnancy and didn't notice a difference, personally.
    Because each pregnancy is different, who knows what this adventure will bring you!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I feel more nauseous when and after I nurse my 16 month old. I would love to just stop, but I'm trying to be gradual. Seriously, It makes me feel worse!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• the only thing that i have heard about bfing while pregnant is that your not giving all the nutrients to the one thats breastfeeding because your body is giving alot of the nutrients to the unborn child
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2009