Desperate Dems?

Do you think we are going to see them begin to water down their stances on the extreme liberal agenda their shoving through in hopes it will give them a shred of a chance of winning in 2010?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Get off your high horse, they have more than a shred of a chance to win in 2010. The only desperate party here are the Republicans that can't stand the fact that they are no longer in control.

Answer by older at 11:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• older Dems controlled the House and Senate the last two years of Bush's term. And since Bush spent like a Democrat seems Liberals have had control for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Not to mention the majority of this country tends to hold a good amount of conservative veiws..the GOP just needs to get it together and show they mean business..will they? guess we shall see..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Ugh...posts like this just promote separatism. I just wish all parties could find some common ground and work together to get us out of this economic mess. Agreeing to disagree hasn't worked thus far in our Govt.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Hell Yes. And I will go even further to say that it happens on both sides. It's not party specific, they both just want to get and keep the power. It's not about the people, it's about the power.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Sure, but only Obama himself. He did it so well during the campaign. The Dems in congress want a left leaning nation and will do whatever they can to make it happen. They aren't and will continue not to be shy about it. Pelosi has said thats what she wants and so far she has pretty much been able to bully reluctant Dems into following her lead.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Will you STOP being CRY babies after the democrats WIN again in 2010?
    Anonymous

• Toss me that crystal ball 12:10 ..id like to see if I will ever win the powerball
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• What I find interesting is that the Dems. I know have said that they only voted for Obama for his health care plan and if he can't get it done they won't vote for him in 2010...

As far as the crap between Dems. and Rep. it would be nice to see them actually come to a common ground and get some stuff done.. I think instead of worrying about the next election things should be getting done from the promises from last election. JMO
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 12:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• In local politics, I've seen some switches taking place. People are a little scared, and are leaning toward fiscal conservatives. One nearby city lost what used to be a hugely popular liberal mayor to a relatively unknown conservative. The sitting mayor and the news media where both shocked and surprised when the poll results came in and the conservative clearly won.

I'm sure we will see some similar upsets in 2010.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2009