Only brushing 1 time a day...just how bad?

I get up at 500 and get DD (2.5 yrs) up at 540 to get her dressed and out the door by 600 to daycare...in that time, she is not awake enough to brush and I hate to get her up any sooner...I do make sure she brushes before bed...just how bad is it that I don't make her brush in the morning?

Oh and sometimes she will brush before dinner but it's not mandatory.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd is 20 months and we only brush one time. I think as long and shes not eating or drinking lots of sweets that its ok at this age. Plus my dd doesnt know how to spit out the tooth paste yet and I know they say its safe to swallow but i dont want her swallowing a lot of it!
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Clairesmommy209 they make a toddler toothpaste that has no fluoride...it's in the same section as the toothbrushes and other toothpaste.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• will the daycare brush after breakfast? I know my sons school does so for us. Can't hurt to ask if they will.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:54 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Auroura...now why didn't I think of that...it's amazing just how obvious somethings are and you still just don't see it...Thanks!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I think it really matters if you have a history of having bad teeth, I only brushed my teeth in the mornings as a child and even now I brush in the mornings only. I have never in my life had a cavity or any problems with my teeth I get a regular cleaning once a year and check up. So it hasnt hurt me in the long run, but if you a really worried maybe just get those things they are like little tooth brushed that you can use any where with no water. I dont know if they make any for young kids tho.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I pretty much only brush my toddler's teeth once a day too, for the same reason as you. He's just not awake enough in the morning for me to brush them then.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 3:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2009