vomiting.. stomach flu?

hello./....my girl is 14 months old and yesterday night she woke up crying because she vomited......it is the second time in 2 months.........after vomiting, i cleaned her and put to sleep with me....and every hour she woke up to vomit until she had nothing on her stomach....could be a virus? the first time i thought that could be a virus because after her i got the same symptoms but yesterday night? could she get a stomach virus so often? she did not have fever or other symptoms, she only vomiting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both of my kids have had the occassional vomiting episode where they had no other symptoms but the vomiting. Usually the vomiting would go away in 24 hours, but avoid dairy products because that will definitely upset an already upset belly. Watch for other symptoms, but if this is all she has going on just do the best you can to make her comfy and give her stuff her system can handle (like toast) and ginger ale will also help ease her nausea.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My son just had that thursday and me and my husband just got over this sunday. It was totally bodyaches that came with me and my husbands - my son is not even 2 but he was not nearly as irritable as he would have been had he gotten these bodyaches we had - he vomited and was weak but got instantly better with motrin? he gets sick like every 4-6 weeks so Yeah, i would think its possible.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• my dd has gotten the rotovirus 4 times 3 of them she landed in the hsopitall for 2 days cuz of how bad it got. did she get vaccinated against the rotovirus?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009