Why does out of state child support takes so long?

My case has been pending for almost a year and a half. The progress has not move enough to where I am satisfied. I have submitted all the information that they need including SSN but still, no results. He has been to court and order to take a paternity test but they didnt give him the date on when to take it. What should I do?I have called the Georgia child support line at least once a week trying to get a rush on it. I am getting to the point that I would like to include a lawyer. This is just taking too long I blame the Alabama Child support people because they are constantly losing the order that the judge has sign. And on top of that the father wants to give up his rights....If he gives up his rights then he don't have to pay child support. Right? But do I at least get back pay from the first day that I sign up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• It has been my experiance that out of state takes longer because the states have different rules and regulations and cant work together. Sorry you have todeal with this. My deadbeats are all in the same state and I dont get cs either.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm in Georgia too so I thought I could help but you threw Alabama in there so I don't know what advice to give now. With my Georgia case, I signed up when baby was 3 months, they found him when she was 7 months but thats because he was in jail. He was released shortly after. Baby did paternity test on her 1st birthday but dad wasn't scheduled to do his until a month later. Stupid, I know right. Test came back 3 months later. Judge made court order near baby's 2nd birthday. Since then I've been getting off and on payments regular for 2-4 months, then like 6 months without. I was lucky 2 years in a row getting fat checks in April. I'm assuming they were from his tax refund. I don't depend on child support, just celebrate whenever I get anything. Last check came Feb 2009. They are always changing where the office is and I can never get in touch with my caseworker. Over all, it just sucks working with the state.
    Anonymous