Help me figure out how to buy christmas presents this year?

Here is my plan:
I have picked out 5 things to get for my baby. I will go and buy 1 thing every pay and just store them in the basement or my closet. Is that a good plan? He is only 14 months but last year we didn't do christmas presents(just stocking stuffers) so I want to have presents under the tree.
I want to get my fiance this new need for speed game but it's $60 and it's too new to buy it used, how should I get him that? I can't use e-bay or anything because I would have to use his card to buy it and he would know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One of the things I want to get my baby is a potty. Is he too young still? and is that a totally sucky present?

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Good idea on the first and for your Fiance how about a store that offers layaway and pay a little each week.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Good idea with the baby gifts. He probably won't quite be ready for the potty, but it's good to buy gifts at that age that will be useful in the coming year....and he will think something to sit on is very cool even if he's not ready to use it as intended.

As for your fiance, I agree with the PP - go with lay-a way. I'm pretty sure K-mart has lay-a-way, and maybe Sears does too.
    Anonymous

• K mart has layaway and so does toys r us, both sale that game
    Anonymous

• I agree, Kmart has layaway. Your idea of one per pay day is good also. He is young and won't even remember this Christmas anyway. As for the game for DH do you have a family member or a friend who would put it on their card and have it delivered to their address until Christmas? I have never been rolling in money, but my kids don't consider themselves poor, so I must have done something right. Some of them are teens now, and we donate time at a homeless dinner before our own celebrating. Reminds us all the "reason for the season"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Yours is a great plan, and like the others said, use a lay a way plan. Also save a little extra so that at the end of christmas this year you can buy the on clearance christmas stuff and save it for next year. I do this, I also buy a ton of extra stuff too so that I can also give the baskets of stuff for birthdays throughout the year too.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2009