High Sugar?

Took the sugar test last week, and my result was 169. I have to go back for more testing, but am waiting on my information packet (they've mailed me) so I don't know much yet... Will I just have to drink the... drink, they draw my blood and that's it, or will there be more to it? I'm freaking out a little bit... I'm 30 weeks, with my Kalynn Leighann...

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 12:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like you have gestational diabetes.

Answer by louise2 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I was worried about that... But is it possible it could just be high?
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Im sure they will put you through the 3 hour glucose tolerant test (GTT) if they havent already. If those numbers are based on the 3 hour GTT, they will more than likely get you started on a diabetic diet and hopefully with a nutritionist at least one time so you understand the food exchange and calories. If you havent had the 3 hour, they will make you drink that lovely syrup and test your blood about 3 or 4 times during the 3 hours. This is how they see how long it takes for your body to respond to the sugars. Those results will help determine what kind, if any diabetic diet you will need. I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy and was put on an 1800 cal ADA diet (which I hated) but was able to control my sugar levels with proper diet, even though the only thing I really wanted was a bowl of Hersheys Buttercream Frosting!
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 2:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2009