i dont know if i have ppd?

i felt sad and down after i had my baby 3 months ago, i get angry and mad easy, i never in my life been this way, i just firgured it would go away, but its gotten worse i think, my boyfriend wants to know whats wrong cause i cry for no reason and i try to hide it from him, cause i dont know why i crying, and dont want him to worry. i told him i think i have ppd but he said no cause i would be wanting to hurt my baby etc.. and i cant imagine doing something like that, i get stressed out of course when i trierd and my son wants to be up or something. I dont know what to do, cause the health insurace i had was through DHS while i was prego, but expired now.

daniandlo

Asked by daniandlo at 12:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Health

• You sound exactly how i was after having my daughter and i told my dr my feelings and she confirmed i had PPD, i had no idea because i thought PPD would make me want to hurt my baby as your husband said but i would never think or do something like that. She said it happens sometimes but mostly it's just the symptoms you said you have. You need to talk to your dr and get on meds ASAP. It did wonders for me, i noticed a difference in just 2 weeks and am fine now. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You sound like me after I had my son! I was too embarrassed to admit it to anyone though, and it went away around the 3 month mark. I would suggest calling your doctor anyway. Or you could call your local WIC or woman's center and get help that way. Don't feel bad, LOTS of women go thru this. And LOTS of them are depressed without the feelings of hurting their baby's.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2009