My daughter takes comfort in food.............

When she's bored she eats, when she's upset she wants to eat, and I've tried when she askes for food to offer something else. When she wantss to eat I ask her to play playdo with me instead, she melts down. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Make sure it's all healthy snacks, then it's not a bad carb snack. I keep grapes, fruit cups w/out sugar in them. Bananas, apples. If she's wanting chips make them baked, like sunchips. Keep the portion small. You control the food and how much, make her cravings healthy and in turn she will be more likely to choose to eat healthy.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• how old is she? i wouldnt really "ask her", i would tell her. especially is shes starting to become overweight. you need to get active, that will make her feel better. it might be hard to get her started, but once shes started, it will be great. MAKE her join sports, or karate, or dance, or ice skating lessons, whatever it is. get her but moving. buy some exercise tapes and do it with her, eat healthy with her. you have to help her do it but dont make it an option.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2009