do i have ppd?

i felt sad and down after i had my baby 3 months ago, i get angry and mad easy, i never in my life been this way, i just firgured it would go away, but its gotten worse i think, my boyfriend wants to know whats wrong cause i cry for no reason and i try to hide it from him, cause i dont know why i crying, and dont want him to worry. i told him i think i have ppd but he said no cause i would be wanting to hurt my baby etc.. and i cant imagine doing something like that, i get stressed out of course when i trierd and my son wants to be up or something. I dont know what to do, cause the health insurace i had was through DHS while i was prego, but expired now.

daniandlo

Asked by daniandlo at 12:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you dont always want to hurt your baby if you have ppd, you can also be overly worried about your baby.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry. It deff. fits the bill. You need to get something for it. My PPD didn't get bad like that until 2-3 months after my baby. Up until then it was just feeling down. I hope you can get something to help!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 12:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I was the same way but I still think it's a symptom of ppd but probably not as severe as it could be.
    iminluvwita

Answer by iminluvwita at 12:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i was like that way for a few weeks after which is baby blues but it sounds like PPD im sure if you go to the mental health dept they could probably do a sliding fee scale maybe
    Anonymous

• It can sometimes take up to a full year for your "normal" hormone levels to get back on track.. its something you can talk to your doctor about when you go in for your babies wellness and maybe they can tell you places you can go if you aren't covered under insurance anymore
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• There's a difference between Post-Partum Depression and Post-Partum Psychosis. Psychosis is hurt-your-baby dangerous, and needs emergency treatment. Depression is still serious, and can be debilitating. Even with all the work and missed sleep, you are entitled to enjoy this time of your life. Please see your doctor. There is NOTHING to be ashamed about, lots of us get it. It CAN be effectively treated, and you CAN enjoy this very special time with your little one. Much love to you.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You could have mild PPD. Sometimes it helps just to talk about it. For me, just saying out loud that I was depressed helped SO much. Also, get out of the house whenever possible. Anywhere. With the baby, go for walks, to the supermarket, walk around the mall, the park. If you feel that it is getting out of hand, speak to your doctor, or a therapist. Your doctor can prescribe medication if it's that bad. But, you may not need it. You say you are 3 months PP. Are you nursing? Have you gotten your period? (not going to bash you, but nursing/not nursing affects hormones, that's why I ask). Hope I was able to help some. Tell him that PPD comes in all shapes and sizes, and wanting to hurt your baby is only one sign/symptom, and not everyone with PPD feels that way. It's GREAT that you don't feel that way, but it still sucks that you feel the way you DO feel.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2009