My daughters girl friend is afraid to go home...

My daughters girl friend is having family issues. Her mom had her when she was young her real dad has been in the service for many years not been intouch... Her mom was with a guy who my daughters friend considers more her dad... However now her real dad wants is her life.... Wait it gets crazier her mom leaves her stepdad/mom's boyfriend... Then gets married to a guy in Vegas leaves him and is now back with the stepdad/boyfriend. Her mom has left her and her sister home alone not coming home until 4am. Her and her sister are missing a lot of school... Oh speaking of school they moved a hour and half away from school making even getting to school harder... Her stepdad/boyfriend dad really loves her mom and the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If the stepdad/bf really loves the kids, then he wouldn't be allowing the mom to leave the kids alone until 4 am. sounds like she may be better off the with the bio dad.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• How old is this girl? I have to say I agree with Jademom that if this step-dad/Bf cares and loves these girls then why the hell is he allowing this 4am coming home crap happen?! I think that you really need to find a family member that want the these girls best interest in mind to see what the best thing for these girls right now. For missing school the school I would think would be contacting someone with all the missed school and what not. You didn't state what the age of these two girl are but I hope that they can be taken care of the way they need to be. Also this BF sounds like he isn't to concerned with them missing school and not being able to get there. There best interest isn't in mind with these parents, Your more worried about it then they are. Which I have to say God Bless you for that. GL

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 12:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I guess I don't understand why she's scared? You didn't mention any abuse --- maybe neglect & poor parenting choices on the part of the mom... but if step-dad is around & he's a loving father to them... I guess I don't see where the fear comes in.

If the bio father is a good guy & wants a relationship with his girls... then he should give it a shot. If the girls are teens, though, they have a say in it as well.

As for living 1 1/2 hrs from the school --- wouldn't that put them in a completely different school district? Maybe the laws are different where you live... but here, you MUST attend the school in the district in which you live..... so I'm not sure why they haven't transferred to a new school.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I'm not hearing the "scared" part either. As for school, I'd tell the child to go register at the school closest to her. She can register herself and have her records transferred over.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I can understand the scared - she has an unstable home life, she doesn't know whats going on, or what adult is coming or going, and she doesn't know who she can count on. That can be very overwhelming and scary to a kid - even a teenager.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you talk to the mom, or, frankly, that you go with the girl to talk to the guidance counselor at the school, or honestly, depending on the age of the girls, contact cps.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• And honestly, again, depending on the age of the child and the district you're in, the child probably won't be able to register herself. We've moved several times all over the country and outside it, and every place we've lived has required us as the parents to register the kids - we had to prove our residency in their district with a copy of our lease, shot records, transcript requests, birth certificates, all sorts of stuff.

Since this is in the 13-17 category, I'm assuming this girl could be as young as 13, and this isn't something that most 13 yr olds can do, let alone a school accepting it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2009