wedding rings!

where did you get it and how much was it?

looking for rings. (: we're pretty cheap and don't care if the ring is from wal-mart. a rings a ring.

DeathBat

Asked by DeathBat at 12:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DH found mine at a pawn shop...he payed around $200...I had it appraised and it would sell for over $700.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• My husband got my ring from Fred Meyer Jewelers but it was about $2,700 but I got his from there as well for only $116! Wal-mart has some pretty cool rings or if you don't care look at a pawn shop?
    Anonymous

• awesome(:
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 12:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• i've been wanting too.. SO doesn't seem so into the idea?
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 12:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• What do you think of the tatooed wedding rings? I've always thought they were cool but have been too afraid to try it myself. Just an idea.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Mine is two tone brushed gold with yellow gold band around and brushed white gold stars all around. My husband's is brushed white gold band all around and yellow gold stars all around. Both bands are wide.

Ours cost either 2 or 3 hundred from a discount jewelers, can't remember which almost 30 years later. I have a second band that's tri gold diagonally with every other column being every other third gold, is brushed gold in which ever color.

jc penney has nice rings and so does k mart I think. I'm not big on jewelery I just want pretty and good quality for whatever dollar amount is spent.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I didn't know about pawn shops when I was getting married so I got mine from Harry Richies and it was $1200. DH turned out to be allergic to his ring and so we had to get a new one and it was also about $1200 but it was custom made. About three years ago I picked up a beautiful wedding set at a pawn shop that had a really nice 1/4 carat diamond in it for $120. When I went to the jeweler to have the band removed from the ring so I could wear it as a normal ring, he offered me $300 for the ring before the goldsmith even got a chance to look at it. When the goldsmith was doing the work, he pulled the stone so he didn't damage it, I came back to an offer of $500 for the stone! and i could have the rest of the ring back to put another stone into. I would say at least look at pawn shops first, they can have really good deals. The shop I like to go to sells for about 35% of store value or 2x gold weight if its heavy.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I got mine at JewelOcean.com It is 2.5 carets total, and believe me I looked at over 1000 rings.(from everywhere) I wanted something unique and I found it there. We paid 1400 for mine. We had it appraised by our local jeweler after it got here and it is worth 4 grand (we got one heck of a deal) It did take them a little longer to ship than we thought it should, something about sizing my ring, but they were great about letting us know and good customer service.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• we were thinking about tattoos with microdermal piercings.. but with my soon to be husband's job cleaning pools, it doesn't work out so well with the chemicals and it might rip out.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 1:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2009

• If you are just looking for wedding bands and no diamonds you can get something in the $50-200 range www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryProductsView?storeId=10101&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&topCatId=15051&categoryId=15111&bcCatIds=15051.15058.15111&N=0&Ne=1&Ntk=Category&Ntt=15111 Why do my links never work? www.kay.com

Anonymous